Sunday, November 8, 2009

SHAMELESS REVIEW (unsolicited): Fisher-Price Cheer For Me Potty (Save your $$)


My son is an early bloomer so I wanted to begin his potty training before his first birthday. I saw this potty and thought it would be great because he loves flushing the big toilets in our bathrooms. Singing, actual flushing motion, toilet paper...what kid wouldn't be encouraged, right?

Well...it was a huge disappointment. First, its VERY poorly made. It isn't sturdy at all so when my son tried to sit on it, he fell flat on his behind. Second, IT DOESN'T WORK! I bought bought fresh batteries when i bought the potty, but there was no sound whatsoever. Never has been. I tried a different brand of batteries, but still nothing. Imagine my disappointment when Baby DJ went potty for the first time, turned to flush, but looked puzzled when it didn't do anything. I was proud and heartbroken at the same time. Finally, "Fisher-Price" should call this potty "OVER-PRICED!" $30 for a potty that doesn't work? There's no way to get your money back, I was told that I was just SOL. I tried returning it the night I bought it, but Wal-Mart (who usually returns EVERYTHING) said that since it had been opened, I couldn't return it. Fisher-Price said the exact same thing.

I expected more from them. I won't waste my money on their family of products from here on out.

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal opinion and observation of my son's experience with this toy. I am in no way being compensated for this review!

~ShamelessMomma

2 comments:

prerna said...

Oh that's sad.. My toddler has used all fisher-price product, high chair, bouncer, potty and they've all been great.. maybe u should write them and tell them..

GuideToPassion said...

Yeah, I'll try that. I was really disappointed because this is the first Fisher-Price product I've purchased for him.