Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Baby Transitions...NOT So Easy!

Now that my "Baby DJ" is almost one, I am working on two major transitions: bottle -> cup and formula -> cow's milk.

He's been drinking water, juice, and formula from a cup for quite some time now, so that isn't the hard part. The hard part is milk. (He was breastfed from day 1 and I'm SO proud that I was able to stick with it for as long as I did.) Anyway, back to the milk...I haven't tried it in his bottle w/ formula yet, but I may give it a go tomorrow afternoon.

This morning I gave him a cup of milk as I cooked our breakfast. His reaction? Big swallow (expecting juice, no doubt), frown, throw the cup at me, and storm off. LMAO! I wasn't quite expecting that one! I tried handing it to him a few more times, but he would either run from me, push the cup away, or fuss. All I could do was laugh and leave the cup where he could get it should he get thirsty enough to drink it. That never happened, though.

I'm going to keep this one short since I'm laying in bed typing on the BB...

Any advice from you pro moms out there?

~ShamelessMomma

No comments: