Monday, September 14, 2009

On the subject of BACKING THE "F" OFF...Kanye, Taylor Swift & Beyonce at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards

Okay so most of you probably caught last night's show, the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, and you were probably just appalled as I when Taylor Swift won "Best Female Video" and went up to accept her Moonman...that is until that arrogant SOB Kanye West rushed the stage...

Really, Kanye? I mean, really? She's a 19-year-old girl getting her much-deserved recognition and you just waltz right on in and take that away from her. And to say BEYONCE should have won...are you freakin kidding me right now??!! Beyonce. The woman (and fellow Texan) whose video consisted of prancing around on a gray background in a leotard, tights and stilettos. Yeah. The right woman won the award, gorgeous little Taylor Swift. She sings her ASS off!

I'm not much of a Beyonce fan, but she definitely earned her brownie points in my book for being so unselfish (for the first time in a long time).

Next, though...you can't help but believe in the back of your mind that the whole thing was staged. My husband immediately said it was fake. If you think about it, MTV is all about the staged drama...remember Bruno's bare ass in Eminem's face at the 2009 MTV Movie Awards? No? Here ya go:



Oh! How about this one:



Oh wait, that was just Amy being...well...Amy. Not an MTV stunt per se, BUT I have reserved the right to blame them for allowing her to be on live television like that. Damn enablers. Anyway...

You all get the point. Quite a bit that happens at MTV events are completely, 100% totally staged, but I really have to wonder if the same holds true regarding last night's show. I mean, Taylor looked genuinely stunned and humiliated, Beyonce was obviously caught off guard, and there wasn't a laugh in the room. So I don't know. Many of us were completely shocked to see that unfold, but just as many called MTV's bluff. What do you think?

In summary:
Kanye, grow up. You are NOT making your momma proud right now!
Shame on you, MTV.
Good for you, Bey (although I'm still not a fan, sorry).
CONGRATULATIONS, Taylor! You deserve all the recognition coming your way!

~ShamelessMomma

5 comments:

Casse AKA Catholic Kittie said...

Um you totally did not mention the other FOOL of the night...lil mama! Why the heck did she hop her basic behind on stage with Jay-z and Alicia. Seriously? They need stage security to tackle these people. SMH

GuideToPassion said...

haha I actually missed that as it happened, I was in the kitchen cooking dinner by then. I'm not the biggest Jay-Z fan, but when I went back to watch the clip online, I wondered how she fit in...

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

You are so right on.
I'm so sick of stupid celebrities thinking the world cares for their opinion.
What a fool. He should be so ashamed of himself. The public's reaction has been swift, and with his appearance on Jay Leno, perhaps he's been a little humbled....even if only momentarily.

As for Amy...poor Amy, so much talent, so little guidance....yep MTV is know for the shock value!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen the Amy clip - I understood ONE word in that whole thing and that was "love". I'm really not kidding... wow.